security, you need us, because Phoenix Delivers
Protect your business, customers and reputation.
Do not get security wrong and you risk exposure, damage or expensive re-development in the future.
Before embarking on any delivery, the first consideration must be how your security model will be constructed in order to support your solutions in a way that is scalable and adaptable.
Your security strategy will affect how you allow access to data, store information and also monitor and backup your solution.
Security applies to different layers of your solution:
- Network Layer
- User Interface
- Application Layer
- Database Access
- Security Monitoring
- Data Backup and Storage
- Physical Security
These can be protected with the following strategies:
- Encryption of data in transit
- Firewall protection of subnets and servers on the network
- Server side firewall protection
- Encryption of data storage devices
- Restriction of physical access to servers
- Encryption of data before insertion to databases
- Signing and authentication of data
- Role based access control
- User access restriction to data
- Private networks and virtual private networks
- Single sign-on authentication
- Server monitoring for changes
- Anti-virus protection
- Restriction of file transfer by type and content
- Ring fence the solution with jump boxes for administration
- Correct password validation settings
- Appropriate user education
With so many possible methods of breaching security, such as DNS poisoning, virus intrusion, distributed denial of service attacks, targetted intrusion, man in the middle attacks, we need to be more thorough and vigilent than ever.
Last year alone, security breaches cost companies billions globally and could have been prevented by using industry best practice.
Contact us to discuss your requirements in detail and discover how we can help you to achieve your goals